Rugged & Durable.
©Leading Edge Group Inc.
LEGI Series 480 CSBM
The LEGI Series 480 Compressed Soil Block Machine is fully automated and produces up to 480 compressed soil blocks per hour of load bearing, non-fired, structural blocks for all kinds of construction projects. The machine can be set to vary the thickness of the blocks from 2.0 to 4.5 inches. Soil can be loaded with a front-end loader or bobcat type loader.
Machine Specifications and Production Limits
- Weight: 5,600 lbs. with Fuel and Hydraulic Tanks Full
- Dimensions: 7.38 ft. wide by 13.67 ft. long by 8.92 ft. high (operational height). Travel height = 6.83 ft.
- Power Source: 47.5 hp Yanmar 4 cylinder Liquid Cooled Diesel Fueled Engine
- Fuel Consumption: 1.5 gallons per hour of operation
- Hydraulics: Oilgear and White Components (Available Worldwide)
- Hydraulic System Volume: 40 gallons
- Air to Oil Cooler: Operating ambient temperature range +28 to +125 degrees F.
- Hydraulic Fluid Filters: Beta rated filtration
- Automated Controls: Omron Industrial Programmable Controller in a NEMA 12 Box. All Solid State
- Ram Press Force: Ram Press Force: 1,100 – 2,000 psi on 14″ x 10″ x 3.5″ block
- Block Production Rate: 480 blocks/hr. for average 3.5 – 4 inch block
- Block Sizes: Variable, depends upon clients needs. Standard size is 14″ x 10″ x 3.5″. Mold and plates can be adjusted to produce blocks that are 14″ x 7″ x 3.5″
- Trailer Characteristics: 6,000 lb. axle with electric brakes normal U.S.A. lighting package
- Recommended Maintenance Schedule: 45 minutes daily
- Periodic Engine Maintenance: As recommended by the engine manufacturer
- Patented in U.S.A.: Manufactured under U.S.A. Patent No. 5629033. Other patents pending
- The fuel usage shall be less than 1.75 gallons of diesel per hour of operation
- The machine shall have the capability to replace the breech wear plates
- The machine shall have the capability to replace the tray wear plates
- The machine shall be equipped with a 48 horsepower or less engine
- The machine shall be equipped with a pintle hook hitch placed at Humvee height
- The machine shall be equipped with four (4) helicopter lifting hooks each capable of lifting a minimum of 6,500 pounds each
- The operating engine shall be equipped with Murphy safety shut downs over heat and oil pressure
- The machine shall be equipped with hydraulic brakes (surge) with auto reverse
- The machine shall be equipped with a mechanical parking brake
- The machine shall be equipped with either Goodyear Wrangler MT Military .OZ Load Range D 37×12.50R16.5 M+S run flat tires (Humvee) OR Heavy Duty, Steel Belted, 10 ply, Commercial Grade trailer tires
- The machine shall be equipped with solid state Omron Industrial Controllers housed in a NEMA 12 Box
- The machine shall be equipped with a beta rated oil filtration system
- The machine shall have the capability of producing up to 480 blocks per hour
- The block press mechanism shall have a vertical press action across the breadth of the block – not a horizontal press action
- The press plates shall have an elastomeric material of at least 80 durometers of hardness applied to them
- The block chambers and block exit surfaces shall be constructed of AR400 grade or greater steel
- The machine shall be capable of producing two sizes of blocks (14″ long x 10″ wide or 14″ long x 7″ wide)
- The machine shall have the ability to adjust the block thickness from 2.0″ to 4.5″