Rugged & Durable.
©Leading Edge Group Inc.
LEGI Series 240 CSBM
The LEGI Series 240 Compressed Soil Block Machine is very light and can be hauled behind a farm tractor, car, or compact pickup truck equipped with a ball hitch. The machine produces in excess of 240 compressed soil blocks per hour and has been designed for use in extreme remote areas without access to front end loader. This model can also be set to vary the thickness of the blocks from 2.0 to 4.5 inches. The machine is loaded with shovels or buckets and can be easily moved by hand around the construction site.
Machine Specifications and Production Limits
- Weight: 1,640 pounds
- Dimensions: 81 inches long by 56 inches wide by 51 inches. Road clearance approximately 6 inches
- Engine: 7.0 HP Yanmar diesel engine OR 8.0 HP Honda gasoline engine. Units come equipped with extreme condition air filtration system
- Hydraulics: World Wide Hydraulics, 29.5 gallon tank capacity. Beta rated high quality filtration
- Tires: Heavy Duty, Steel Belted, 10 ply, Commercial Grade trailer tires
- Hopper Capacity: 8-9 Blocks
- Nominal Block Production: Up to 230-240 Blocks per hour
- No Block Curing Required: Blocks ejected by the machine are immediately ready to place in the wall or to stack on pallets for temporary storage
- Trailer Characteristics: Can be towed at 60 mph by compact car or truck. Units come equipped with either a 2 inch ball hitch or pintle hook hitch. Can be moved easily by hand on site. Units also come equipped with helicopter lift hooks, upgraded heavy duty suspensions, and heavy duty single axle design
- Brakes & Turn Signal: An optional magnetic removable brake lights & turn signals setup is available for an additional fee
- Block Dimensions & Weight: The blocks produced are 6 inches wide by 12 inches long. Block thickness can be adjusted between 2.0″ to 4.5″. Each block weighs between 9-18 pounds depending upon soil conditions and desired block thickness.
- Patented in USA: Manufactured under USA Patent No. 5629033 Other patents pending
- The total weight of the machine shall be less than 1,650 pounds with fuel and hydraulic tanks full
- The machine shall have the capability to replace the breech wear plates
- The machine shall have the capability to replace the tray wear plates
- The total length of machine shall not exceed 7.0′
- The machine shall be equipped with four (4) helicopter lifting hooks
- The machine shall be equipped with Heavy Duty, Steel Belted, 10 ply, Commercial Grade trailer tires
- The machine shall be equipped with solid state Omron Industrial Controllers housed in a NEMA 12 Box
- The machine shall be equipped with a beta rated oil filtration system
- The machine shall have the capability of producing up to 240 blocks per hour (based upon full hooper at all times)
- The block press mechanism shall have a vertical press action across the breadth of the block – not a horizontal press action
- The press plates shall have an elastomeric material of at least 80 durometers of hardness applied to them
- The block chambers and block exit surfaces shall be constructed of AR400 grade or greater steel
- The block sizes shall be at least 12″ long x 6″ wide
- The machine shall have the ability to adjust the block thickness from 2.0″ to 4.5″